Hello, hello! Welcome back to my blog after a two years hiatus.
I did miss writing this blog but before I give you a long boring update, I would like to share one of my favorite Christmas cookies  - Elisenlebkuchen. 
I share the Lebkuchen spice mix in this blog post which you need for the cookie recipe. In the following blog post you'll find the cookie recipe. 

INGREDIENTS
  • 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon allspice berries
  • 1 teaspoon cloves
  • 1 star anis
  • 1/4 teaspoon cardamon seeds
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 3/4 teaspoon unsweetened cacao powder
  • 1 black peppercorn or 2 pinches or ground pepper
  • 2.5 cm / 1 inch piece of vanilla pod
DIRECTIONS
  • Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod. 
  • Place all theh spices in a mortar and grind them.
  • Keep the Lebkuchen spice mix in an airtight container.