I mostly share posts that involves a recipe on my blog but I want to switch things up and I would like to share more often other baking related topics such as my favorite bakeries and pastry stores, pastry chefs that I admire, talk about produce and baking equipments that I am using for baking.  
Today I have a cake recommendation for you: it is a rhubarb cake from the bakery E. Knapp & R. Wenig in Munich. I always visit this bakery whenever I am buying flour at the flour store which is next door to the bakery (in fact the bakery and the flour store belong to the flourmill which is located in the same building) and I treat myself to a pastry, cake or a pretzel. It is a beautiful tiny bakery which offers traditional breads, buns and cakes. The bakery uses mostly local produce and one can be sure that only high quality products are used for their baked goods. It is always such a joy visiting this bakery. The bakery itself deserves a post of its own which I will prepare very soon. 


A few weeks ago I tried the "Elisabeth-Rhabarber Törtchen" ("Rhabarber" means rhubarb, "Törtchen" means little cake and I assume that the cake is named after Elisabeth Knapp who was the wife of the baker Rudolf Wenig and the bakery is named after the couple) for the first time. I really liked this rhubarb cake and if you know me than you know that I am very picky when it comes to cake. Ever since I ate the cake a couple of times and every time I think to myself " it's such an utterly delicious cake". The bottom half of the cake consists of a delicious crispy shortcrust pastry shell which is filled with a rhubarb compote and the cake is topped with a meringue swirl. This rhubarb cake is probably one of the best rhubarb cakes that I have ever bought. And isn't the cake adorable looking.?
If you happen to visit Munich in the spring time ( I am afraid that you won't find the cake outside of the rhubarb season) pay a visit to the E. Knapp & R. Wenig Bäckerei and treat yourself to this scrumptious rhubarb cake.


Address:
E. Knapp & R. Wenig Bäckerei
Neuturmstraße 3
80331 München
(The bakery is a ten minutes walk from the Marienplatz. It is next to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel and the Hofbräuhaus is around the corner, too.)
Opening Hours: 
Monday to Saturday: 7:30 am to 7:00 pm
Sundays: closed