This summer I bought new book shelves and I took this opportunity to reorganize all my books. I got a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of books that I own and I asked myself more than once how many books a human being really needs. I tried to get rid of a few books but I  failed miserably and kept all my books which I am  happy about. While going through all my books I found a pile of old diaries which I wrote when I was between 8 and 10 years old. I know know that I got new ballet shoes on November 14th, my younger brother had a tick on November 18th, I had Swedish crisp bread knäckebröd with cheese for breakfast on May 10th, the neighbor's cat visited my house on May 25th and other important things that I would have forgotten.
Among my diaries I also found a peanut butter cookie recipe. I remember that I wrote down this recipe but somehow I never came around making these cookies. When I saw this recipe in my diary I was over the moon. Finally,  - years later - I was able to make this cookie recipe. It is a very simple cookie recipe and I love these peanut butter cookies. Ever since I discovered the recipe in my diary I made these cookies several times. So far it is my favorite cookie recipe of this year.
I keep a few cookies in a little tin on my desk which is a little bit dangerous because sometimes it is hard to resist not to eat the cookies at one sitting. The tin which you can see in the photos belonged once my grandparents (and my mom remember this tin as well) and it was filled with Swedish caramel candies. Now it is my "desk cookie tin" which used to be a candy tin more than half a century ago. I like this a lot. 



Makes 32 cookies

INGREDIENTS

  • 125 g unsalted softened butter
  • 175 g brown sugar
  • 175 g all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 125 g crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 egg (medium)

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • Beat butter and sugar until creamy. 
  • In a separate bowl mix flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture, peanut butter and egg to the butter-sugar mixture.
  • Form the dough into small balls; for each ball use one teaspoon of dough. 
  • Bake the cookies 12 to 14 minutes. 
  • Let the cookies cool on a wiring rack. 
  • Store cookies in an airtight container or tin.