I simply could not resist the temptation and made the cake. The next morning I surprised my brother with the cake including the birthday wishes from my uncle. I did not had high expectation that this cake would be in particular special because it was “only” a postcard recipe and the cake seemed too simple and did not include any special finesse. Oh no, I was so wrong, this cake is incredible moisture and was not too sweet for a breakfast.
As you can see this in the photo the cake was a success. Before I could find my camera, half of the cake was eaten by my younger and elder brother, so bear with me that only half of the cake is pictured. I will never forget this moment and this cake will always be my “brother breakfast birthday postcard cake”. But of course you are not obliged to make this cake only for a birthday breakfast. Every day is a reason to make this cake. The ingredients could not be more basic, the cake is prepared in no time and could not be more simple.

Makes 1 small bundt cake

INGREDIENTS

  • 50 g unsalted butter
  • 2 eggs (medium size)
  • 180 g granulated sugar
  • 180 g pastry flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
  • 100 ml whole milk
  • Powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat the oven to 175°C.
  • Grease and flour a small bundt pan and pour the cake mixture into the pan.
  • Melt butter and let it cool down.
  • Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
  • Mix flour, baking powder in a separate bowl.
  • Add the flour mixture, melted butter and milk to the egg mixture.
  • Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes.
  • Let the cake cool, remove cake pan. Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar.