One more remark before you can go into the kitchen and make these muffins. Have a look at the beautiful handwriting on the letter. It is the courtesy of my friend who always sends me such beautiful letters and handmade cards. I wish I had such a talent. You can check out her two blogs here (you can learn all about inks and pens) and here (a mishmash of different things).
Makes 6 big muffins
- 50 g muscovado sugar *
- 100 g butter milk
- 20 g vegetable oil
- 1 egg, medium size
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 g whole wheat flour
- 60 g wheat flour
- 30 g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 200 g frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Line your muffin pan with paper liners or grease the pan.
- Whisk the sugar, butter milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract in a big bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, wheat flour, oats, baking powder and soda, salt, walnuts.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture to the wet ingredients mixture. Mix until it is combined but do not overmix.
- Fold in the raspberries into the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan, then remove from the pan. Sprinkle the muffins with confectionary sugar.